BLOCKPHISH Security Analyst Role
The Cyber Security Analyst will provide technical cyber and information security support to our clients and support the delivery of our ethical phishing and awareness learning programmes. The candidate will also support online investigations (OSINT) and background research projects.
The role includes:
Supporting the delivery and implementation of cyber and information security consulting projects by providing hands-on technical expertise, and:
- Conducting ethical phishing and awareness learning campaigns;
- Supporting clients respond to cyber security incidents as part of the BLOCKPHISH data breach SWAT team;
- Conducting online investigations using (OSINT) to support the BLOCKPHISH research and investigations;
BLOCKPHISH provide ethical phishing solutions and deliver awareness learning to a wide range of clients. We focus on improving the security awareness culture in organisations by working in close partnership with our clients to understand their business objectives, and demonstrate how tailored learning can help in achieving them.
As a result, we are growing fast.
We have a range of exciting opportunities for professionals who see the big picture, can communicate technical concepts clearly and demystify cyber security for our clients.
In return we offer a great working environment, with a defined career progression. You’ll be part of team of enthusiastic cyber experts who love solving problems, support each other, and provide excellent service.
Our team is made up of consultants from a diverse set of backgrounds, some academic, some military, some vocational. Yet they all have some common traits:
- Driven – our consultants are ambitious and keen to make the most of themselves;
- Dedicated – we all go the extra mile if it is required to ensure our clients are secure;
- Committed – we actually care about cyber security and the threat posed to our nation, our industries and our clients. We looking for others who share our passion.
The following skills and experience we would consider mandatory. However, if you lack any of these but are willing to learn, still get in touch.
- A passion for cyber security and a broad understanding of the concepts and the industry as a whole, including a good understanding of the practical application of security technology, as well as its theory.
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adept in operating in commercial situations
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts
- 1- 2 years of experience within the information security industry and hold an industry recognised certification such as CREST, CBEST, CHECK Team Member.
- Good documentation and presentations skills
- Experience of running ethical phishing campaigns and associated toolsets
- Knowledge of OSINT investigations
- Knowledge of systems and networking engineering
- Knowledge of industry leading products and services
The role also requires a specific skill-set, including knowledge of the following:
- Cyber security safeguards, such as IDS, Firewalls, endpoint protection, DLP, Logging and Monitoring and Encryption
- Penetration testing and common penetrating testing tools, such as Metasploit
- Common OSINT techniques for conducting online investigations and research tasks
The following qualifications are not essential, but would be considered desirable and would strengthen the candidate’s submission.
- Knowledge of information security principles and best practice such as ISO27001, ISO27002, RESILIA, Cyber Essentials Scheme
- Certified Information Systems and Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor
- ISO27001 Lead Implementer
- Security Cleared (SC or DV)
- CESG Certified Professional (at any level)
Get in Touch
© 2020 BLOCKPHISH, 5-6 Coventry Street, London, W1D 6BW, United Kingdom